As a parent/supporter of a band student(s), you are considered a band booster member. This is a great opportunity to meet others who support the band program. We need the support of many, not just a few, so please get involved! Without the assistance of band parents/supporters, the band will not reach the level of success we aim to achieve.
The functions of the Band Boosters are to:
- Support the band director and his vision for the band.
- Support the band at football games, competitions, concerts, and parades. Their hard work deserves our support! Inexpensive Band-Grams are sold at most of the competitions so that you can deliver a personal message to your favorite band student as he/she marches onto the field.
- Attend monthly Band Booster meetings. The meetings are held on the third Thursday of each month at 6:00 pm in the band room unless announced otherwise. We strive to keep the meetings to an hour.
- Participate in fundraising activities. We are a non-profit organization. The band director’s salary is paid for by Moore County. All other band expenses are on us.
- Get involved. There are many committees within the booster program that need YOU! Sign-up sheets are available at all meetings.
- Support your child! He/she has made a commitment to be in band, which includes being at all band functions. Please note the schedule and plan accordingly. Many band parents work together to provide rides for each other’s students as needed.
If you would like to learn more about being a Booster fill out the following form: