PATRIOT MARCHING TO GREATNESS SCHOLARSHIP
The Pinecrest Band Booster has established a scholarship program to assist band students who plan to continue their education in college or vocational school programs. Scholarships are offered each year for full-time study at any accredited institution of the student’s choice. The Band Booster Scholarship Committee will form a new Scholarship Committee each spring. It will consist of a minimum of four members of the band booster whose students are not seniors.
2017 Scholarship Deadline : April 7th, 2017
**Any student that has been awarded a 100% scholarship will not be considered.
An ideal applicant for the Patriot Marching to Greatness Scholarship will be a senior student who is:
- Active in the band program at Pinecrest High School. The applicant must have been involved in the program for two years.
- Maintaining a 2.5 unweighted or higher cumulative grade point average on a 4.0 scale (or its equivalent).
- Enrolled in a full-time undergraduate course of study at an accredited two or four year college, university or vocational/technical school, no later than fall of the year in which the award is granted.
At least one scholarship will be awarded. Awards are not renewable. When funding permits, more than one scholarship or higher increments of scholarships may be available. The Band Booster Scholarship Committee will decide the number and value of scholarships it awards each year.
A representative from the institution of enrollment’s financial aid / Bursars office must contact the Pinecrest Band Director with proof of enrollment and the necessary information required to have the scholarship check written out to the institution for disbursement. Failure to comply will result in forfeiture of the awarded scholarship. The awarded scholarship WILL NOT be written out to the recipient.
The Pinecrest Band Director will submit the acquired information to the Band Booster Treasurer who will be responsible for disbursement.
**The Pinecrest Band Booster Scholarship Committee Chairperson shall be copied on all correspondence prior to the release of funds by the Treasurer.
Interested students must:
- Complete the attached application
- Complete an essay of 500 words minimum on the topic: “How the Band has impacted you and how you impacted the Band.”
- Turn the completed application, with their official Pinecrest High School transcript (in a school sealed envelope) attached, in to the Band Booster Safe located in the Band classroom, by the determined date. Online transcripts and grade reports will not be accepted. Applicants are responsible for gathering and submitting all necessary information. Applications are evaluated on the information supplied, so applicants should answer all questions as completely as possible.
**All information received is considered confidential and is reviewed only by the Scholarship Selection Organization.